BuTel software home page
ARC780 software for Uniden BC780 & UBC780
IMPORTANT: support for this product has ended. Software will only run on Windows XP.
IMPORTANT: this software is now sold 'as is'. This software will not be updated anymore. Please try the demo BEFORE purchasing a license for this software. ARC780 is written in an older development language and only supports short 8 character filenames!
> ARC780 is NOT compatible with Windows Vista/7/8.
ARC780 ( now only US$ 14.95) is the most versatile manager for your frequencies, trunk id's and trunksettings. ARC780 is still the most popular scanner software package in the world and has thousands(!) of happy users all over the world.
ARC780 also includes a full remote control of your BC780 with the option to load your own background pictures!
Overview of options in ARC780:
(please compare this list with other available software at more then twice the price! One company even charges USD 159.00 for BC780 software! )
- One software package for BC780 and UBC780 models.
- Program both conventional and trunk frequencies.
- Compatible with Windows 98 / Win2000 / XP ( software will NOT run on Windows Vista/7/8)
- ARC780 is NOT compatible with 64 bit versions of Windows.
- requires serial port or USB<>serial converter cable
- Low CPU load.
- Virtual Control:
- Log and history option
- Speak option
- Virtual display has a real 'busy' indicator
- Direct mode/step/att buttons
- Display always shows memory channel/search range step
- User selectable colors
- Most buttons have a 'second' function programmed, available with mouse right button.
- Change squelch mode directlty.
- Toggle dataskip with one mouse click.
- Extra: center tune indicator.
- User adjustable refresh rate.
- Virtual Control will correctly display cellular frequencies for BC780's that are modified for receiving cellular!
- Auto backlight option: Virtual Control will automatically switch on/off the display/keyboard backlight depending on squelch open/closed!
- When minimized Virtual Control can show a small status window.
- Virtual Control can load any bitmap as background
- Full Backup and Restore option
- Extended Search > Add 200 (!) custom search ranges to your BC780 (unlike other software these extended ranges are not fixed).
- For Screenshots scroll down this page.
- Easy user interface
- All updates are free for registered users
- With ARC780 you can easily import trunk frequencies from any website into your BC780. For detailed step by step instructions click here.
- Create FREE custom files for your local area online.
- Setup your BC780 Memory & Search Data in a spreadsheet type interface.
- Setup Trunk Id's, Trunk tags, Trunk list tags.
- ARC780 converts and corrects Trunk ID's automatically.
- Setup Trunk systems parameters.
- Program tags in your memory channels banks and use over 15(!) additional characters not available when you use the 780 keyboard!
- Setup your own memory bank 'tags'.
- Table tags are saved in memory files
- Table tags can be synchronized with BC780 automatically
- Easy cut/copy/paste data between channels and banks.
- Extra cut/copy/paste buttons that selects entire channel data
- Move channels up and down with quick move buttons
Download ARC780 V1.18
- ARC780 is the ONLY software that can program 3 base/step/offset settings for a Motorola type 2 system!
- Import CSV data
- Import data from previous saved ARC780 mem files.
- Export CSV data
- Merge memory bank files when reading data from the 780.
- Program Mode and Step in every memory channel.
- Direct Tune: click on a channel in ARC780 and the 780 will automatically tune to that memory channel.
- Fill down option
- Fill series option
- Software shows you which banks are empty
- Full clipboard support for import/export data to/from other applications
- Insert/remove/delete/swap/sort channels with a few mouse clicks
- Move/Copy/Swap entire memory banks or memory channels in seconds
- Easy data toggle with mouse double click or space bar or keyboard shortcuts
- Sort frequencies per bank
- Sort a range of channels
- Remove duplicate frequencies
- Software has a build in bandplan that is simular to the BC780
- Round option will automatically adjust frequencies simular to the BC780
- User adjustable frequency bandplan: type in a frequency and software will select right mode and step from your own custom bandplan.
- Advanced Frequency Upload will program all selectable steps and frequencies correctly in your 780 unlike any other software available for UBC780XLT!
- Easy Fill for setting up new banks in a few seconds (enter a start frequency and a step, and easyfill will calculate and fill the selected bank) This way you can use a memory bank for searching.
- Import frequencies directly from any website with the famous Webcatcher (integrated in ARC780!).
- Import frequencies from any wordprocessor / database / spreadsheet.
- Extra Dummy bank for storing temporary data while you are re-organising your memories.
- Print option
- And many more options. A helpfile is included.
Register now using your credit card or PayPal.